The CQS series of courses covers empty-hands striking and grappling, knife, and bludgeon combatives and techniques to produce a complete self-defense system suited for everyday people, military, and law enforcement. In addition to training in awareness, avoidance, and de-escalation, the classroom instruction is primarily focused on fighting in a way to get to your weapons, neutralize the threat, and get you and your family home safe. The course is taught in modular format, with instruction modules ranging from 3 to 8 weeks (the clinch modules are shorter). Each module transitions to the next and builds upon the last. While we do teach specific techniques, our instruction is concept based to be effective across multiple situations and weapons. Our system supports and integrates with our firearms instruction.
Close Quarter System Course
Instruction and Course Modules
- Empty Hands modules – stand-up, clinch, ground fighting
- Bladed weapons modules – stand-up, clinch, ground fighting
- Bludgeon – stand-up, clinch, ground fighting
- Synthesis – putting it all together
Course Length and Information
- Courses are held every Tuesday at 6:15pm
- Minimum Age is 14 years old
- Each module lasts from 3 to 8 weeks
- Each class is 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Modules are cycled through starting with the stand-up striking program
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP
New students can try this course on a trial basis before signing up. Afterwards, the cost of the course is $45.00 charged monthly. We don’t require contracts, but do offer discounts for multi-month purchases. This course can be taken concurrently with our CQE course for $80/mo.